Creating & Producing a 1 hour Edinburgh Show. Sun 26th April. Time: 2-6pm. Price: £25.00
An afternoon course for all levels. Anna Morris has taken 6 successful comedy shows up to the Edinburgh Festival as a theatre company, double act and solo artist. She’s self-produced and worked with promoters, and has learnt from her mistakes! She’s taken her solo shows to the Glasgow and Leicester Comedy Festivals and performed them all over the UK. Anna has experience in comedy plays, sketch shows and solo character comedy shows. She’s been praised for neat structures, innovative staging, audience interaction and unique themes. If you’re taking up a show and are stuck on approaches, Anna offers practical solutions on problem solving various Edinburgh obstacles, and gives honest advice on how much PR, marketing etc you really need.
– Show ideas: approaching, writing and creating a full length show: generating material, direction, rehearsals, themes, narrative etc
– Gigs, work in progress shows and previews
– Working around Edinburgh venues (adapting a show to suit the most minimal of spaces)
– Titles, taglines, blurbs
– Show images: photos, flyers, posters
– Structure, engaging an audience, costume changes and ‘between’ sketches
– Marketing, press, PR
– Budgets and areas to spend and not to spend on
– Admin: deadlines and things to remember. Recommended suppliers and venues.
Taught by: Anna Morris (Anna Morris is a multi-talented actress, comedian and writer. She has written for the Paul O’Grady Show, appeared in Outnumbered (BBC1) and Bad Bridesmaids (ITV3) and created and starred in the viral hit Georgina’s Wedding Blogs www.annamorris.co.uk)