Creating & Producing a 1 hour Edinburgh Show. Sun 26th April. Time: 2-6pm. Price: £25.00
An afternoon course for all levels. Anna Morris has taken 6 successful comedy shows up to the Edinburgh Festival as a theatre company, double act and solo artist. She’s self-produced and worked with promoters, and has learnt from her mistakes! She’s taken her solo shows to the Glasgow and Leicester Comedy Festivals and performed them all over the UK. Anna has experience in comedy plays, sketch shows and solo character comedy shows. She’s been praised for neat structures, innovative staging, audience interaction and unique themes. If you’re taking up a show and are stuck on approaches, Anna offers practical solutions on problem solving various Edinburgh obstacles, and gives honest advice on how much PR, marketing etc you really need.
– Show ideas: approaching, writing and creating a full length show: generating material, direction, rehearsals, themes, narrative etc
– Gigs, work in progress shows and previews
– Working around Edinburgh venues (adapting a show to suit the most minimal of spaces)
– Titles, taglines, blurbs
– Show images: photos, flyers, posters
– Structure, engaging an audience, costume changes and ‘between’ sketches
– Marketing, press, PR
– Budgets and areas to spend and not to spend on
– Admin: deadlines and things to remember. Recommended suppliers and venues.
Taught by: Anna Morris (Anna Morris is a multi-talented actress, comedian and writer. She has written for the Paul O’Grady Show, appeared in Outnumbered (BBC1) and Bad Bridesmaids (ITV3) and created and starred in the viral hit Georgina’s Wedding Blogs www.annamorris.co.uk)
Mon 27th April. Time: 7:30pm. Tickets: £10.00 https://www.musicglue.com/camden-head/events/27-apr-15-comedy-drop-in-camden-head/
Bi-monthly pay as you go comedy drop in taught by Ivor Dembina. Whether you’re a comedian looking to create some new material or sharpen up the old stuff, pop by for a rigorous comedy workout! Each session has a theme which is announced in advance.
Fancy trying your hand at stand up? Or flexing your improv muscles? Come join our masterclasses & workshops taught by professionals working in comedy circuit and the West End. We have classes for everyone at all levels in the industry from beginners to working comedians!
Join these fun and intimate workshops taught by the creator of Natural Born Storytellers
and craft moments from your life into captivating true 5-8 minute stories for performance. http://www.camdencomedyclub.com
Mon 24th Nov. 7:30pm. Price: £10
Ivor Dembina brings 30 years experience as a writer, performer and curator of comedy shows to lead a two and a half hour workshop devoted to the art and craft of stand-up comedy. The drop-in works from the following basic principles:
- Looking at funniness rather than technique.
- Using a direct and honest approach.
- People working from personal truth and taking risks.
- Welcoming people with all levels of experience.
- Offering the best possible value for money.
Its only £10 to take part but places are limited and booking is in advance only.
People should arrive at 7.15pm for a 7.30pm start and it’ll end at 10pm. You can get full details including feedback from Ivor’s previous drop-Ins and an online booking link at Ivor’s web page:http://thinkbeforeyoulaugh.com/index.php/drop-ins-3/